Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spirit Jump and Cards 4 Cancer!! April 10, 2010


As you may or may not know, I have become personally involved with Spirit Jump, which is a grassroots non-profit organization with a mission to provide hope and comfort to the many men, women and children battling cancer. Spirit Jump accomplishes this by providing uplifting cards and inspirational gifts during this most difficult time. Currently there are almost 200 people on our "Jumpee" list.  The jumpees are the people receiving cards and gifts. If you would like to read more about Spirit Jump, please go to www.spiritjump.org


On April 10th 2010 Spirit Jump along with Bloggers Unite and its sponsors are pleased to bring you our First Annual Cards 4 Cancer Day. Battling cancer can be one of the most difficult and loneliest experiences a person can go through. With cancer touching so many lives around the world it’s time to let those battling cancer know they are not alone. Hundreds, thousands or even hundreds of thousands of cards will be delivered to cancer centers around the world on this day. Spirit Jump has set a goal of collectively delivering over 100,000 cards. Our mission is to provide hope and comfort to the many men, women and children who are involved in this battle.

I have volunteered to be a Team Leader, in which, I am responsible for getting as many cards as I can to deliver to Cancer Centers or a Cancer center, in my area.  The cards do not have to be store bought, they can be made, they do not have to be fancy, what is important is that each card contain an uplifting message for the person battling cancer and the card, in some way, reflects that it is sent "because of" Spirit Jump.  I was thinking a simple web address addition on the back of each card, to let those battling cancer know about Spirit Jump. 

So, I was wondering if you would like to help me on this project. All I am asking is if you would make or buy a few cards, ask your friends, students, children, grandchildren to help you out. I would get the cards from you before the delivery date, which is April 10th, as all cards will be delivered on that day.   If you would like to be involved in the delivering, that would be great too.  At this time, I am not sure which Cancer Center/Centers we will deliver to, if you can help me out with that, I would appreciate it.

This means so much to me.  I chose to be involved with Spirit Jump after Annie's death, it was something that was placed in my path.  Annie did not have cancer but I have chosen to do this in her honor. 

You can reply to this if you are interested, if not, it's okay too, or you can call me, my cell phone number is (209)598-4536.

Thank you so much.

Love,
Lillie

3 comments:

Meaghan said...

Thank you so much Lillie! I know you will be bringing joy to so many cancer fighters every day! You are amazing!

xoxo
Meaghan

Anonymous said...

We will make cards for you and send you some that we will purchase. You are AMAZINGLY Beautiful!!

Donna Webb said...

Hi Lillie, I just found a site you might be interested in...
http://www.squidoo.com/cancercards

Donna